A Failure! Hahaha… Do NOT make a single post the entire summer! For sure, that will do it.
Surely, that has not been my intention. You know that thing called life? Well, I have been living it. The good the bad and the ugly. So, what have we been up to this summer?
1. Hubby changed jobs! WooHoo…. While a great opportunity, decent pay, and far better benefits…. the schedule change has been far harder on us than we ever anticipated. Truly. I am a morning person… I love to work out first thing, and clean the house. Generally, I just have more energy and etc. In the afternoons and evening I am worn down from the day… and feeling sluggish. It has taken the entire summer to get accustomed (somewhat) to the change. I have completely fallen off the workout wagon again… except for the two spin classes I teach each week…. I was doing Insanity 5-6 days a week. Sigh….
2. We traded in our family van (swagger wagon…) There were only 3 of us anyway and bought a Prius…. BEST DECISION ever! The gas savings has been amazing…
3. My four year has been home the entire summer minus 3 sets of 3 day summer camps at her preschool. I typically do a parents morning out a couple times a week in the summer… (I really wanted to go crazy with trying to keep her quite while daddy TRIES to sleep.) HA!
4. My four year old and I drove to Atlanta for a “vacation” with friends. It’s a 9 1/2 hour drive for us… She did SO good! We had a blast! We went to a Braves games, and toured Turner Field, hit the botanical gardens, the aquarium, and Stone Mountain Park. We had the BEST time!
5. We drove to a spur of the moment trip to Pa. to visit my family…. We ate the best ice cream in the entire world! And spent quality time with my aunts, uncles, and my grand dad…. That was the best. We went through some of my grandmas things…. how I missed her on this visit.
6. I have sewn a bunch of orders, custom orders, dresses for my daughter, and bags for my mother….
7. I have been working on some promised tutorials, like sock/project bags for knitters and crocheters, kitchen curtains…..
8. I have been dabbling in some hand embroidery things, reading, volunteering, and spending time doing an independent Bible study on Proverbs.
9. My daughter has grown 2 inches this summer!!!!!
10. Our church had 201 Pillow case dresses to take to Haiti this past week! That includes what the church members brought and and what was mailed in! EXCITING! Every little girl in the village that they went to was able to get a dress! Y’all ROCK! Thank you so much!
So, We have had a VERY full summer… I have enjoyed every minute possible with my family….. I am looking forward to preschool 5 half days a week…. I am hoping to use that as sewing time! Eeep… LOL How has your summer been?