GULP! Sorry for the L-O-N-G absence! Sometimes “life” just gets ya. Let me do a recap of the last few weeks….
* My grandma passed away… I drove to Pa. to attend her funeral. Beautiful service… while sad I was able to spend a little time with my family.
* My husband has been in the process of getting a new job! There were a few steps in the process so, it has been about a month of back and forth… He hs been with his current company for about twenty years! Talk about SCARY!? Well, he got the new job, and starts officially Wednesday of this week….(he has already gone through the orientation) He finishes up with his old place on Tuesday. So… from one place right into the next. This is something that we have been praying about for a LONG time… I have probably been praying about it for years! We are at peace in our hearts and we are really excited about the move and changes… OH and there be changes.. schedule changes. I will say this… instead of dinner being our “family meal” it will now be breakfast… but, I’m so thankful that we still get a family meal together…. This is becoming rarer and rarer. Sadly.
* I am working on a “Cause” that I am going to open up to y’all too…. You know “Sewing for a cause?” I’m really excited about it! Look for that announcement soon.
* I have been filling custom orders in myEtsy store…. Like this cell phone case… I LOVE how it turned out! SO cute that I seriously thought about keeping it. LOL ! I am thinking about making a few more to put in the shop… If you’d like a custom case just let me know!
* Sewing my 4 year old new panties….. Here is a link to (someone else’s) blog post how to make your own panties… any size.. They turned out adorable and fit perfectly… maybe I will make myself some too..
* I spent an entire day with my mom! I’m thrilled about this…. She lives one city over and I don’t get to spend as much time with her as I’d like… So, we went thrift store shopping…. I spent less than $20.00! I found a bunch of bargains! I bought books, fabric remnants, 2 shirts, a pair of jeans, a sweater dress, one twin sheet and the best part I found this fantastic vintage sheet… that will eventually become pajama pants for me and my daughter! teehee! Oh… and I have included a photo of my daughter… and what she thought of the entire experience. Ha!
Yes… She is sound asleep in the shopping cart! haha… See that pink and white floral print behind her? That is just about 2 yards of some sort of knit fabric that I picked up for less than $3.00!
* I have also been trying to slide in a few summer clothing items for myself… a couple of tops, and etc. Right now, I’m working on a top from Ottobre magazine… I’m excited about it because the experience is stretching my sewing skills…. no seam allowance and minimal direction. Ha!
I have a couple of more exciting things that I’ll be posting about soon…. a couple of tutorials this week too! What would you like to see a tutorial on? Let me know… maybe I can whip one up!